Friday, June 17, 2005

earthquake dreams

I had such an odd dream last night. I dreamt that I was checking out part of the San Andreas fault which runs the length of California. So there I was checking out the unlevel ground; and then I thought I'd pause and stay very still because I remember hearing somewhere that the fault moves ever so slightly: wouldn't it be nice to feel the earth move just a centimeter I thought. And so there I was, very still...and then, BOOM, a major earthquake hit! And one side of the fault moved north and the other side moved south, and I lost my balance and fell. Then I woke up.

I don't usually put too much stock on dreams, but if Joseph's dreams can have meaning, then our dreams can mean something too. Now, I have two interpretations for that dream: the first is obviously due to the fact that just before I went to bed last night there was that fourth earthquake in California in the space of a week; and secondly, it's probably pointing to the "earth-moving" changes that will sure be going on in one's life pretty soon: moving to a parish and beginning ministry.

Powered by Blogger