Saturday, January 14, 2006

the saga continues

The saga of the comment feature of this humble blog continues. Back in May I switched from Blogger's comment service to Haloscan, in an effort to serve you better. Also, I like Haloscan's features and options.

As I made that switch back in May, all the comments in the blog disappeared. *Gasp* Luckily I found a way to retrieve them, all of them, including those little small notes and comments people offered. While retrieving them I thought to myself, "Not even one of these little ones should be lost."

And then, just last month I learned that Haloscan erases the comments after about 3 to 4 months. I'd have to upgrade my account to have all the comments saved: in other words, I'd have to upgrade to a paying account.

Well, not prepared to budget funds for this humble blog just yet, I have finally decided to return to Blogger's comment system, like a prodigal son.

This will mean having to transfer all the comments currently in Haloscan to Blogger. And, this is the fun part, I'd have to do all of it manually. Yep.

Anyway, as I convert back to Blogger, and as I transfer all the comments there, I will soon switch off the comments feature so as not to add to my work. I mean, ministry is the top priority after all, and blogging (and refining the comment system here) is secondary.

So, in the meantime, the comments feature will be turned off, to give me time to make the transfer. If you feel moved to comment on any post found here, send me an email.

Powered by Blogger